We just returned to the apartment across the street from the hospital after a morning of tests and meetings. So far all results have turned out well!
This is Jude before we went to the room. He knows when we've entered the hospital and was already letting me know he didn't want to be there.
Here's a rundown of what Jude had to do in pre-op:
- Vitals taken (weight, height, blood pressure, oxygen saturations, temp, respiratory rate)
- Covid Test (he loved that 😏)
- MRSA Swab
- Urine sample via a bag he had to wear in his diaper
- Bloodwork (we had a great phlebotomist who got it on the first try!)
- Met with anesthesia to clear for tomorrow
- Met with social worker
- Met with child life specialist
- Met with his surgeon for tomorrow (Jude was on a talking streak at this point and had several things he was telling him 😆)
- His cardiologist came by just to say hi (This is the one who broke her arm badly last year and we haven't seen her in a while, so it was so great to see her again. She loves her patients so much and is so wonderful.)
- Met with research to sign agreements for Jude to participate in some possible research
- Signed our consents for surgery tomorrow